Monday, February 9, 2009

Children are amazing, aren't they?

Postingan ini udah lumayan lama, sebelum bokap-nyokap gw mengalami perjalanan besar itu... Sebelum gw tau kalo gw bakal terjebak di Jakarta.. *eh, bukan terjebak... hmm,,, sebelum dianugerahkan...halah*

I visited Mamak's facebook today,,, her shout out was 'Yasmin: sumber energi suara: MP3!'. *LOL*
Man, for 22 years living in this wide world, I never thought of it. Isn't it amazing how children could relate one thing to another? I remembered of an old photograph of mine,,, there I was wearing cloth and my mum dressed me as if I was somekind of princess (javanese native princess wore cloths don't they? Cos things in western are not the same as in here, mates...). And there I was in that pic, being kissed by my neighbor, the same age as I am... What in the world?! I've had my first kiss even before I knew how to spell my name? (Well, I have a unique name, so it's kinda hard to spell it, hehe... it's tieaikeikeiai, rite?). I've lost that photograph, by the way... But I still think that it ws a very special moment, haha...
As a kid, how did I act? My mum said I was quite mature for my age (which explains why I do not grow up now... I've spent being a grown up while I was small, hwehe...), silent (have I told you that I had a 'strict' mum as a kid? Now she has soften a bit, since she has known that I was too stubborn...), and always carefull to do things as if I would slip off out from something... My mum also said that I have done stupidity way back then...

Stupidity #1:
I had a large aquarium when I was a kid,,, my mum and pap put it on the floor... From out of nowhere, there I was drowing in the aquarium,,, sigh,,, what in the world?

stupidity #2:
I had a bro when I was 2 and got so excited. He was smaller than I am, he was the inferior, the one that can not do things by himself... So, there I was... After bathing and wearing clothes to my little brother, mum went back to the toilet, leaving me alone with my bro. Since he hasn't use the powder, I took the inisiative to put it on his face... well, as everyone expected, my lil bro looked 'cemong2', hehe...

Kids does think differently from adult, rite? And that's sooooo amazing...
Once I thought that TMNT was made in Indonesia,,, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle... I read it 'Tenaga Mutan Ninja Turtel' Tenaga, as in energy? hwooooooooooooo,,, it took me years to realize that michaelangelo, raphael,donatello,and *i forgot the forth one, sorry* ws way too complicated for Indonesians to create, hauhauhau...

I love watching human behavior,,, and young human behaviors are the best... It's so natural... don't restrict your kids too much, it might hurt them more than you think. Well, I know as older person, you are responsible to watch the younger ones,, but it doesn't mean that you alwys consider them as a fragile thing. A kid who never fell down would never know how painful it is when he saw someone falling down. It's OK to cry if it hurts, my mum said... Trial and errors are normal thing to do. You can't succeed without failing, rite? You won't know how to crawl before you lift yourself and balance yourself.

But it doesn't mean you could just set younger ones free... We are there as the observer and sometimes we need to be there to set the limits... Things could go dangerous, but find the least harmful way. Well, kids are just kids... they're cute little creature with big ideas, big demands, and less physical strength... Have fun, kiddo!

*Have a nice le grande voyage mum, pap... Come home safe and sound will you? May God protect and guide you guys always... Geez, I've missed them already... T.T*



---
Tikki Mahayanti

No comments: