Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let's see what happened

Post #4, Si Oom finally got mad at me,,, he even kicked the susu kambing chair... sorry for the chaos I have caused, mates...

I finally e-mailed Pak Gary, my boss, to let him know I would resign by the end of November. Remembering how grumpy he could get, I was surprised things went well. I was expecting he would yell at me and say a lot of that f word, but what happened was way better, although he still don't understand why do I have to leave and become a government officer while he sees me as 'enjoying' my career as an architect. As for that question, Oom... I really don't have the answer. If I could choose, I would love to stay in Gfab for another year, before I finally leave somewhere else.
So, Friday morning, I got a conversation with si Oom (Gary), after I sent an email to him the evening before. I told him, that everything happened so fast and I planned to let him know as soon as possible, but he was away for UK. He told me that some persons in the office is going to get promoted (or should I say, punished, hehehehe) to a higher level after new year (catet ya, anak2 Gfab... kalo nggak ada yang dipromosiin jadi principal, brarti posisi itu seharusnya buat gw, hahahahaha...).
So, here's some things Oom told me on Friday:

1. Some people told me that they put their lazy and stupid children in the government office, but you have a fabulous job which a lot of people would envy on that. You work in an internationally known design company!
To tell you the truth, pak Gary... I am stupid and I am so God damn lazy, haven't you realize that? hehehe,,, so, I might suit just fine being a government officer. (Kalo kata temen2 kantor, gw disuru bawa file games yang banyak, biar ga mati bosen,,, hehe, checked, mates!)

2. You should talk to your parents or even argue with them that you don't really want being a government officer, that's what I did. You should know, your parents will always act like you are a teenger forever and they were the ones that should be taking care of you, not the other way around. My parents did that too, and that was the last time I saw my house. If you want something, you should pursue it, even if the God himself stand in your way. If you want, I could give you a reccomendation letter, to show your parents how good you are being an architect. Maybe they think being an architect is not a respectful enough job, but this office is doing so great.
Pak Gary, as you know, I am an Indonesian, and I am not planning to deny that. It's not normal for a child to leave their house if they don't really have to. And as you can see, I'm a female, which make it even harder to just abandon what my family thinks the best thing to do for me. My parents also understand that I really enjoy being an architect, although they might not have fully understand that being an architect is a serious job. I mean, my parents were just like normal parents I suppose, they would like to see me in a proper clothes that people wear to go to work instead of t-shirt, jeans, and sneaker, and they might be a little disturbed if they have to explain over and over again, in which office do I work. it's LABO and then GFAB, mates... hehehe...

3. If you become a government officer, next your parents might ask you to get marry soon and then got pregnant, sheesh... that's not how I picture your future.
Me too pak Gary!!! God, it's a noghtmare! I'll just stop here, being a government officer, and not saying anything about marriage and pregnancy with my parents... the conversation ends here, hahaha...

4. It's not that I'm trying to make you stay, Tikki... well, yes I am... but think about it,,,
I am thinking... but then, I don't even have any brain, pak Gary... And I'm flattered you ask me to stay... maybe if my salary rise 3 times than what I have now? Can I ask that? hehehehe,,,

5. No matter what's your final decission, don't forget to finish the project you're helping...
Yes, Pak Gary... iyeeeeeeeeessss....

And later that day, my colleagues were surprised he didn't yell at all, they have prepared for the yelling and pointing nose things of si Oom... sorry to say it, mates... but that's a female privilege, dear... You guys just can't have it, hahahahahah...

No comments: