Monday, February 1, 2010

and I said I was mature enough

I attended my friend's wedding yesterday. A real complicated and hitting my nerves story to tell from the beginning.
I said 'what the fuck' to my friend. Something I never did to her in this past seven years. She was a decent woman, and me? I'm a rebel girl. She was the one who gave me somewhere to run when I had problems. She was a place to have my nap, when my room looked like a total mess *usually happens in the end of semester, facing my exams :p*. She never mind I never spoke anything about my problems. She was there to make me realize how silly my problems were. I should never said those words to this fine young woman.
I looked back to our seven years friendship. I always had this picture in my mind, she would have a 'normal' kind of wedding. With a guy that she really loved. And every body came and gather around. And I was able to take candids of them. I always love how couples glow when they're together. And I also love the food in the parties. :p
And there I was, carrying my cimot *the thing that I was suppose to introduce to her in a more casual occasion*, meeting my friend in her make up room. I smiled. She panicked. For the first time, I saw her talking pointlessly, the thing that I did the past seven years to her. It was an important day to her. The day she turned into somebody's other half.
As her relatives took over the room, I slipped out. I'm not good with crowds. I came out and looked at her husband-to-be. Nervous as he could be. He looked at me, and smile. I knew them better than most of the people in the place.
It wasn't a perfect wedding. They haven't held a party to celebrate it. But hey, who am I to judge?
They asked me to shut my mouth about their wedding. So I did. Although I think this good news must be spread out.
And here I am, looking at their wedding pictures. Crossing my fingers and sent my prayers for them. Hopefully they could make it all the way through. Till death do they apart. Amen.


---
TiQi Bo
*and she smiles sincerely just for the guy. Magnificent*

No comments: